I am pleased to provide you complimentary one-time access to my published articles as PDF files for your own personal use. Any further/multiple distribution, publication or commercial usage of this copyrighted material would require submission of a permission request to the appropriate journal or publisher.
- Nassauer, J. I. 2012. Landscape as medium and method for synthesis in urban ecological design. Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 106, pp 221-229.
- Gobster, P.H., J.I. Nassauer, and D.J. Nadenicek. 2010. Landscape Journal and scholarship in landscape architecture. Landscape Journal 29: 1-10.
- Gobster, P.H., J.I. Nassauer, T.C. Daniel, and G. Fry. 2007. The shared landscape: what does aesthetics have to do with ecology?Landscape Ecology 22:959-972.
- Nassauer, J. I. 2006. Landscape planning and conservation biology: Systems thinking revisited. Conservation Biology. 20:3: 677-678.
- Nassauer, J. I. 2005. Using Cultural Knowledge to Make New Landscape Patterns. In Issues in Landscape Ecology. J. A. Wiens and M. R. Moss, eds. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge UK. Pp. 274-280. Revised from Culture as a Means of Experimentation and Action. In Issues in Landscape Ecology J. A. Wiens and M. R. Moss, eds. International Association for Landscape Ecology.
- Nassauer, J. I. 2002. Agricultural landscapes in harmony with nature. pp. 189-193. (Revised and reprinted from Visions of American Agriculture, Wm. Lockeretz, ed. 1997) In Fatal Harvest, Douglas Tompkins, ed. Island Press, Washington, D. C. 384 pp.
- Nassauer, J. I. 2002. Ecological Science and Design: A Necessary Relationship. Pp.217-230. In Ecology and Design: Frameworks for Learning, B. Johnson and K. Hill, eds. Island Press, Washington, D. C. 530 pp.
- Nassauer, J.I., ed 1997. Placing Nature: Culture and Landscape Ecology. Island Press. Washington, D.C.
- Nassauer, J. I. 1995. Messy Ecosystems, Orderly Frames. Landscape Journal. 14:2, pp. 161-170.
- Nassauer, J. I. 1995. Culture and Changing Landscape Structure. Landscape Ecology. 10:4, pp. 229-237
- Nassauer, J.I. 1992. The Appearance of Ecological Systems as a Matter of Policy. Landscape Ecology. 6:4, 239-250.
- Nassauer, J.I. 1988. The Aesthetics of Horticulture: Neatness as a Form of Care. HortSci. 23:6, pp.973-977.
- Nassauer, J.I. 1985. Bringing Science to Landscape Architecture. CELA Forum 1:5.
- Nassauer, J. 1979. Managing for Naturalness in Wildlands and Agricultural Lands. In Our National Landscape. USDA General Technical Report PSW‑35, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station, Berkeley, California.
- Nassauer, J. 1977. Natural Resource Decisions as Art. Proceedings of the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture, Minneapolis.
Women in Landscape Architecture
- Nassauer, J.I. 1985. Managing Career and Family: The Experience of Women Landscape Architects. Landscape Journal. 4:1.
- Nassauer, J.I. 1983. Forked Paths: A New Survey Confirms the Gender Gap Among Professionals. Landscape Architecture Magazine. P 76
- Nassauer, J.I., Arnold, K. 1983. The National Survey of Career Patterns Among Women in Landscape Architecture. Published by the American Society of Landscape Architects.K